Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Loosing weight, diabetes & and get healthy

I had a reminder from one of my blog readers to say I hadn't reported on my health for ages: I had planned to keep a  blog as an incentive to stay on track but, found it boring - so assumed you must have been finding reading it the same.

However, after  the prompt from a woman in Tasmania, Australia, here's the latest goss!

I have continued to loose weight: in fact I have lost over 10% of my body weight!  There are about 5 or 8 kg to go until I am in my healthy BMI weight range. Perhaps now is when I do need to be blogging on the topic more often as I suspect this is when it will get harder to loose those last blubber pounds that remain.

So there it is in a nutshell: my weight has gone down, my diabetes blood test results have improved, and i'm feeling much better not carrying those extra kilograms around.

What else has been happening to me? I have had a geat road trip to WOMAD 2010 in New Plymouth:WOMAD is the acronym for world of music and dance. I have also been busy writing; active in the New Zealand Society of Authous ( PEN international) and a few days ago I had a great trip to Akaroa, our French community on Banks Peninsula, less than 100ks form Christchurch.


NOTE: To see some photos from my recent  road trip to WOMAD 2010 held annually in New Plymouth see my 'other blog'/

I was travelling in a Backpacker campervan, and on the Interislander ferry over Cook Strait - from Christchurch  to WOMAD.

No comments: