Thursday, May 21, 2009

check out this guy for some inspiration

Creative Momentum: Rodney Bell (+video)

20 May 2009

“At nineteen years of age it happened like the flick of a dime…” says Rodney Bell, who, as a result of a motorcycle accident, lost feeling and function from the “nipple-line down”. Rodney Bell is this month's Creative Momentum featured creative. He shares, with wit, humour and unguarded honesty, his diverse experience as a Maori disabled man who discovered the international world of dance.

“I used to run and play rugby and do many able-bodied things. After my disability I thought my life was over. While in rehab the focus at the spinal unit was mouth painting and blow darts. I remember thinking…. ‘well, that’s very interesting but felt deep inside there had to be something else out there’.” read more

No comments: