Friday, August 5, 2011

Want to join me in fabulous Turkey?

Want to join me in fabulous Turkey!

Like all travellers I loved the beauty, history, and people of Turkey – and now I’m expecting to be part of the 50Plustravel team in May 201 and will be in Turkey again – for 20 days! So, do you  want to join the kiwitravelwriter in fabulous Turkey?

In a recent newsletter Anna says “When I rave about this tour people ask me what I liked most: I think I exhaust them with so many highlights. Here are some:

Our tour (and yours to if you are able join us) started in Istanbul, the only city in the world spread over two continents – Europe and Asia. We crossed the Bosphorus Suspension Bridge to see Topkapi Palace the centre of the Ottoman Empire for nearly four centuries and had a good insight into the life of the Sultans and their many wives. I can’t wait to get back in May 2012”

Add the Blue Mosque, the impressive six-minaret building that is a focal point of the city; the Basilica Cistern which was used as a reservoir to store water for and the Great Palace. And, of course, you can’t leave Istanbul and not see the Haghia Sophia, the Church of Holy Wisdom with its 1500 year history  - I am sure it hasn’t changed since my trip there in the mid-1990s but I’m still really excited to be seeing it again – and  to indulge in a Turkish Bath experience - a ‘must do!

I am also looking forward to seeing the Gallipoli peninsula which I haven’t seen – yet.

So, if you think Turkey is the place for you – with a very small group – and would enjoy being with a travel writer too (I’m happy to give you tips along the way!) get over to the 50Plustravel website, check the details, and give Anna phone call – I hope to see you in May 2012

Discover Turkey Tour
Istanbul, Gallipoli, Selcuk, Kusadasi, Kas, Antalya, Cappadocia, Ankara, Bursa
20 outstanding days depart from New Zealand 20 May 2012

Originally $6,975 now $6,775 SAVE $200

No comments: