Wednesday, December 2, 2009

just another little slice in the life of the kiwitravelwriter


I waited for my Discover Chch at the tram stop in the square - the tram is all dressed up for Christmas

Well it's about a week since my diagnosis of diabetes and subsequent decision to get healthy and loose weight in public, mostly I think I have been on track (the test wiil come when I step on the scales tommorrow)

I have become more aware of what goes in my mouth .. well not so much 'what' but how much: and of course I've upped my walking. Did my regular track this am and although it was the same amount my dodgy pedometer says it was .3 of a kilometre longer. I WAS ALSO ONE MINUTE FASTER!

Excuse the caps - I didn't mean to shout, but when I look at them it seems appropriate to leave them there for that sentence.

Well nothing really to report today .. just want to be in the habit of thinking about my day and health each evening and this focuses my mind, so ciao until tomorrow.


"wait for me' calls one of the tourists on the Hassle-free tour



1 comment:

Marja said...

Good on you You are doing well. We make it a habit to to walk every week We became friends of Orton Bradley park They have some wonderful tracks around their park
Christchurch is in general ideal for walking with its many parks.
Keep up the good work